Sunday, October 5, 2008

We are back!!!

Not sure if I was just in need of a vacation or if this really was the best vacation I have ever had. Maybe it was the company. Not sure but I honestly had the time of my life. There is so much to tell that I will try and get it all in. I will start with day one and then proceed.

Day 1-we just wandered the ship and got to know it. Actually that is impossible it is huge. A little useless information that I thought was very interesting is that it has 5 refrigerators on it, each the size of a normal house. WOW We had a standing dinner time at a restuarant on the boat. I think there are 5 restuarants plus 2 buffets a pizza bar, hamburger bar and ice cream bar. 5 or 6 pools plus jacuzzi's. Ok, remember I am small town girl, this was all amazing.

Day 2-Laid by the pool, read my book, went to a comedian and dance show. Ate and ate and ate some more. We had our own personal waiter named Jesse from the Phillipines. He was very nice and spoiled us.

Day 3-Same as day 2.
Day 4-Docked in Puerto Vallarta

Went on a Outdoor adventure. It was awesome. We took a boat ride across the bay to the base of the Sierra Madre Mtns, then rode 4-wheel drive military type trucks along a very bumpy road to the base camp. From there, we boarded mules and rode to the top of the mtn. We crossed over the jungle canopy on about 8 different zip-lines. Some were 200 ft above the ground. We also repelled down a waterfall and then a freefall repel from a platform. It was in a tropical jungle with waterfalls and streams. The most beautiful, peaceful place ever. We then shopped a little and went back on the ship.
Day 5-Docked in Mazatlan
This was Mitch and Morgan's favorite, not sure why I think they liked the market.
They can't wait to serve a mission and go to different places and try different foods. It made me nervous. Everyone trying to sell me stuff, getting in my face. We went parasailing on the beach. I thought I would be so scared but it was so awesome just sitting above the ocean looking all around. It again was beautiful. We then boarded the ship again. In the evenings there was always different shows and or comedians.
Day 6-Docked in Cabo San Lucas
Here was our least favorite because we had some difficulties with our tour. It was very pretty here and we did do some shopping.

Day 7-We sailed for home and just hung out on the boat again. I loved just standing on the deck and looking around at all of God's beautiful creations. It was fun to stop and reflect on what a very blessed people we are. How lucky I am to have a strong healthy family that loves me and the ability to enjoy the life that God has given me.

Courtney met a little girl from New Zealand named Claudia. They were best friends from the start and it was fun for her to get to learn about New Zealand and listen to all the different accents and languages. Claudia had an older sister Georgia who also hung out with Morgan and Melissa.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - what an adventure. So glad you had a great time, but also glad you are home - some things are just the same without you here. xx

AZ Hey-mon said...

Wow, that is so much fun.You guys got to do some incredible things.
I am so happy for you.

Rogers said...

Wow! What an amazing trip! It looks so fun!
We miss you guys! Hope to see ya soon!

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

Looks like you guys LOVE cruises, I'm glad no on got sick!!! Next time you go, we're tagging along for sure.

Maddy said...

JEALOUS!!!!! I can't even write any more because I'm so jealous.

The Tyler's said...

So glad you guys are back to reality! It looked like the funnest trip. I always look at your family and hope that we are just like you guys when our kids our older. You can just tell you all love eachother so much. See you Sunday!

Livingston Family News said...

Hey Brenda...How are you? I love your blog! It looks like you had such a great time...Angel